If you ever feel puffy, or weight loss has stalled, or you have spent a wonderful week(end) of indulging for a special occasion or holiday, run out to your closest Barnes and Noble and pick up a copy of Haylie's book, The Burn.
The I Burn (I for Inflammation) is my favorite. She lays out the meal plan, gives you the recipes for the tea, soup and smoothie, and a nice food list to plan your meals from. All of this will help you lose that bloat, FAST.
I warn you, be prepared to pee a lot. I do mean A LOT. And no you won't be hungry- you get soup and tea and 2 big meals a day. Snacks are fruit, and breakfast is a giant, tangy delicious filling smoothie you make fresh every morning. You will feel nourished, and healthy, and much less puffy!
Here are my tips for doing I Burn:
- To save on cost, only buy the amount of each veggie you need. When I make my grocery list, I put the amount I need, so when I buy it, I can eyeball it and not buy too much (for example, 1 cup daikon, or 1.5 cups mushrooms)
- I add extra garlic to my soup, and do not add cilantro/parsley until I puree. Cooking these herbs will only make them lose their flavor
- Use a food processor to chop the veggies for the soup- it will get pureed anyway, so you dont need to spend time practicing knife skills here
|I Burn Soup starting to simmer. It will be pureed|
- Use a lot of stevia in the smoothie
- Put stevia or xylitol in the tea when you strain it. It is a strong flavor that some find hard to drink. Figure out if you like it hot, cold, iced. I prefer mine just warm enough to drink quickly. I think of it as medicine.
|Tea is steeping|
- Volume 1 of my cookbooks has great recipes to use in I Burn. I love this burn so much, I had to share recipes.
- Cook 2 servings of dinner- one for dinner and one for lunch the next day. You can even add other meal components to feed the family, so no need to make separate meals. Plus your family might like the soup- my son does!
- Prep your smoothies ahead, just don't blend it together. I put all the ingredients except ice, water and stevia in zip bags and freeze. Then I only need to add water, stevia and blend!
|I Burn Smoothie|
Give this Burn a try- and don't forget to do the success boosters Haylie lists in the book. They really do help!